Cooking with DEBC & Hatch Chiles
Cooking with Beer & Hatch Chiles
A delicious meal awaits – and it’s made with beer! Try your hand at a hearty Deep Ellum IPA + Hatch Chile Casserole or some Dallas Blonde Hatch Chile Poppers.
5-6 hatch chiles
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
10 oz canned green enchilada sauce
1/4 cup Deep Ellum IPA
2-3 cups tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Serve with sour cream, avocado, cilantro
- Arrange hatch chiles on a baking sheet and broil in the oven on high for 3-5 minutes. Turn chiles over and broil for another 3-5 minutes, until browned all over, and slightly charred.
- Transfer chiles to a bowl and cover with a towel. Let sit for 15 minutes to steam. Remove skim, stems, and seeds from chiles. Slice chiles into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add hatch chiles, enchilada sauce, and Deep Ellum IPA. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and gently fold in tortilla chips. Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Let cool and serve topped with sour cream, avocado, and cilantro.